Cost is king when it comes to European biosimilars. One issue unites European healthcare payers: the need to provide biosimilars at the most affordable price in cash constrained health services.
Biosimilars: European Payer Perspectives is a thought-provoking and comprehensive report packed with the candid opinions of 15 leading decision makers in pricing, reimbursement, medicines management and pharmacy that present business-critical insights for both biosimilar manufacturers and originator companies.
The speed of development of biosimilars in Europe has been glacial, and the reasons are many and varied. Against a background of vigorous defence by originator companies, awareness of biosimilars, pricing regimes, discounts, biosimilar substitution, clinical confidence – or lack of it - and patient perceptions are just some of the issues which vary widely from country to country. But one thing unites healthcare payers: the need to provide these products at the most affordable price in cash constrained health services.
Biosimilars: European Payer Perspectives gives payer insights on how healthcare payers balance patient safety with clinical anxiety and the need to save money, pricing, how biosimilar manufacturers can find market voice and establish corporate reputation in the field and how much originator companies have to defend their brands.
| || |
Answers to Critical Questions
- Cost as the key driver: what expectations do EU health payers have and why is there such wide variation country to country?
- Building physician confidence: what could biosimilar manufacturers do to reassure physicians that their products can be safely used instead as the branded product?
- Patient safety remains a critical issue: what clinical and educational programmes would reduce fears?
- When is the use of biosimilars likely to cause less physician and patient resistance and what lessons are there for developers?
- How does local regulation and formulary policy impact biosimilar availability and use in each country?
- What health payer views should originator companies take into account when formulating pricing strategies?
- Know the concerns of healthcare payers and formulate effective strategies for pricing, education and support
- Understand the pivotal role pricing plays in the adoption and use of biosimilars and how it varies from country to country
- Identify the key clinical and operational challenges faced by biosimilar manufacturers
- Tackle the essential requirement for establishing physician confidence, ensuring patient safety and building corporate reputation.
About FirstView Reports
FirstView Reports deliver two types of research and analysis: FirstView Advisory and FirstView Trends. FirstView Advisory reports are based on the qualitative insights of 10-15 leading experts, including treating and key opinion leading physicians, payers and industry stakeholders. FirstView Trends reports deliver insights based on quantitative market research which leverages FirstWord’s 1-million strong online physician community. FirstView Advisory and FirstView Trends reports deliver authoritative, actionable insight that can help industry professionals understand future pharma market dynamics and support effective decision making
About FirstWord Reports
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors, and your markets. Covering market access, biosimilars, medical affairs, pharma sales and marketing and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide timely expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.