Why you need Drug Delivery - Innovations, trends, and their impact on pharma
Revolutionary changes are disrupting the status quo simply through developments in the way drugs are given to patients. In a rapidly evolving field, drug delivery systems are offering growth opportunities and solutions – as well as presenting difficulties – as the range of choices grows.
To make sure you don't get left behind you need to understand what is happening at the cutting edge from experts innovating and leading the way through the technological and regulatory minefield. See how companies like Sanofi, Surefire Medical and Invion among other market leaders explain how they see the market and how they are dealing with the challenges.Request Sample Pages
- Change is accelerating. There's a wide range of new products at late-stage development, 200+ partnership deals are signed each year and device companies are now entering the market directly
- Reliance on delivery mechanisms is increasing as health economics requirements on efficacy and cost-effectiveness multiply
- Significant delivery mechanism opportunities still exist with the potential to solve unmet needs with new formulations
- Drug combinations offer risks and rewards – the promise of innovative formulas is potentially hampered by technology and regulation
- Product franchises are protected by differentiating products and by extending a profitable drug's lifecycle
- Opportunities are growing in new markets as the Far East opens up and China expands healthcare to the wider population
Key Issues Explored
- Key drivers and how devices are transforming the market including oral medicines, inhalers, injectable devices, patches, subdermal implants, neurostimulation and smart devices
- The challenges faced in choosing and developing the right delivery system and formulations, looking at biopharmaceuticals, biologics, excipients, large and small molecules, peptides, proteins and biosimilars
- Hurdles to commercialisation globally – how companies are evolving strategies to deal with local regulatory issues for global products
- Improving patient compliance with better outcomes and the potential for home-based care offered by some systems
- The value of overcoming technical challenges before clinical trials begin
- The cost-benefit considerations of different development models including outsourcing, partnerships and internal development.
- The impact of health economics on innovation in the drug delivery market, reimbursement concerns and access issues
Who needs this report?
- Presidents and VPs of product development – to see the drugs and devices in the pipeline and the potential opportunities and risks involved
- Business development directors – to get support and improve and refine strategic direction and decisions
- Device development team managers – to see expansion possibilities and the current state of the competitive market
- Delivery and formulation specialists – to analyse current best practice
- Manufacturers of devices – to see the top drug delivery partnerships and get an overview of growth prospects
- Insurers and payers – to gain insights into the value of more effective delivery mechanisms to ensure the best use of limited resources
- Big data companies and electronic health companies – to see current and future developments in connected devices
- Director, Drug Delivery Technologies, European Pharma Company,
- Vice President, Medical Device Development, Global pharma Company
- Igor Gonda: President & CEO, Aradigm Corporation [Linkedin]
- Jeff Macdonald: Senior Director, Corporate Communications, Acorda Therapeutics
- Seth Yakatan: CSO, Vice President of Business Development, Invion Group
- Director, Corporate Development, Respiratory Product Development Company
- Director, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Respiratory Product Development Company Douglas Marenzi: CEO, PHC Technologies
- David Urquhart: Business Development, PHC Technologies
- Morten Nielsen: CEO, Medicom Innovation Partner
- Frédéric Gabriel: CSO and General Manager, Haselmeier
- Jim Chomas Ph.D: President and CEO, Surefire Medical
- Norman Weldon: Chairman, SureFire Medical
- Julian Chick, Ph.D: COO, Admedus Ltd
- JP Errico, Ph.D: CEO, electroCore Medical
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Dossier reports present unbiased and concise analysis based on interviews with leading industry experts on important trends and challenging issues affecting the pharma industry today.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.