The idea barely existed five years ago, but it certainly does now. Digital healthcare technology has arrived—and it’s getting plenty of attention. In a year when US venture capital funding hit its highest point since 2001, with $47.3 billion, healthcare funding in 2014 dominated the technology space.
In Google's Ambitions in Health, FirstWord maps the journey of one of the leading technology companies and provides context and insights about other companies also investing in the rapidly evolving field of healthcare technology.
Based on expert interviews, market analysis and up-to-date news and views from the field, the report tracks current moves and strategies of leading healthcare tech giants. Focused on Google, and including insights on Apple, Microsoft and others, this report analyses key partnerships and offers insight into pharma’s future in one of the most dynamic and fast-evolving industries.
As digital healthcare technology finds new and innovative ways to put healthcare into the hands of consumers, key questions remain: what might pharma lose by not getting involved in health technology, and where does pharma go from here?
- Insight into the strategies behind Google’s foray into digital healthcare
- First hand analysis of how Google is carving out a dominant position in health data and analytics
- Timely expert views on pharma’s role as an enabler of health data and systems integration and data sharing
- Breakdown of Google’s key health ventures, including the Calico/AbbVie partnership
- Access expert knowledge of how pharma can ‘co-create’ the future of digital healthcare
Answers to Pressing Questions
- What does 2015 hold when it comes to ‘co-creating’ healthcare through new partnerships and unconventional alliances?
- With consumers gaining access to sophisticated diagnostics such as genomics sequencing and wearable devices, what is the future of DIY health?
- As tech companies increasingly invest in healthcare, where will opportunities arise for pharma? And more importantly, what’s at risk if pharma doesn’t embrace this digital revolution?
- Where else is Google focusing its energy in healthcare?
- If Google plans to innovate without a concern for profit, how will this impact pharma?
- In-depth expert interviews and research covering the consumerisation of healthcare
- Four key strategies for building smart digital healthcare partnerships
- Analysis of Google’s key digital healthcare ventures and where they’re headed, plus insights into Apple’s ambitions in the space
- Assessments of Google’s European and US investments and ventures
- Expert insight into DIY Health and its future
- Chief Medical Officer, mobile health solutions company
- Trauma Surgeon/Google Glass Explorer, Medical Center, US
- CEO at a drug development company, US
- Director at center for innovation at an EU university
- Director, Global eMedia Communications at a leading pharmaceutical company
- Associate VP, Head of Epidemiology at a biotech company in France
- Digital Marketing Manager at a global pharmaceutical company
- Executive Vice President at a pharmaceutical marketing agency
- Development manager at a pharmaceutical marketing agency
- Director of Product Marketing at a clinical research company
- Chief of Staff at a clinical research company
- Senior Director of Product Marketing at a clinical research company
About FirstWord Reports
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today in these topic areas: Biosimilars, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Sales & Marketing, Technology, Therapy Areas.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.