It all started years ago, with a few patients asking questions on the internet. These days, patient self-education and engagement in treatment and disease management has become a powerful behaviour not just for themselves, but for physicians, pharma and payers alike.
FirstWord explores how pharma is meeting the challenge of patient-centricity. Based on expert interviews, Harnessing the Power of Patient Support Programmes: pharma, patient and payer perspectivesuncovers key trends in patient relationship programs from patient, payer and pharma perspectives, and delves into some of the highly successful and innovative ‘first adopters’ strategies already at work.
The industry has seen a steady rise of patient-centric strategies, such as online patient support programs, inclusion of patient leaders in clinical trial development and the evolution of prescribing relationships. While some in the industry are slow to adopt the new approach, others are embracing the change with open arms. Insightful, wide ranging and compelling, Harnessing the Power of Patient Support Programmes: pharma, patient and payer perspectives offers new insights from experts into what the future holds.
- Gain insight into the overriding trends in patient support programs and patient-pharma relationships from patient, payer and pharma perspectives
- Understand the analysis of successful early adopter projects and programs launched by pharma companies
- Get a first look at how companies are developing patient-centric thinking across the organisation, starting with new in house roles, such as ‘chief patient officer’ and ‘patient affairs’
- Learn more about the growing trend for patient input in R&D, in particular preclinical and clinical trials
- Gain expert knowledge on developing and mapping patient support programs
Answers to Critical Questions
- How important and pervasive will patient-centric strategy is becoming?
- How can pharma build deep-rooted policies that embrace the empowered patient?
- How is the patient-physician relationship evolving, and how does this change the balance of influence in making treatment decisions?
- How can pharma companies adapt to the evolving market profile?
- Where does patient support sit in the operational structure?
- How can companies evaluate, plan, and implement effective patient support programs?
- What are payers looking for from patient support programs, and why do some programs fall short of their expectations?
- Overview of key trends, and of their positive and negative effect on pharma–supported patient programs
- Insight into corporate attitudes towards patient-centricity
- Case studies of successful programs from UCB, Pfizer and Sanofi
- Top tips and take-home messages for implementing successful patient support programs
- Insights from 22 experts including nine from the industry, eight payers and five patient opinion leaders
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.
Dossier reports present unbiased and concise analysis based on interviews with leading industry experts on important trends and challenging issues affecting the pharma industry today.