Although 80 percent of pharma companies have already deployed iPads to their sales reps, many other companies have overlooked the new opportunities for iPad use by medical science liaisons (MSLs) in the field.
Some major pharma companies have already deployed iPads to their MSLs. Yet concerns about the potential challenges involved in using this mobile device for MSLs are still preventing many pharma companies from taking the first step into this new technology area.
This FirstWord Dossier report: Leveraging the iPad to Optimise MSL Impact fills in the gaps by providing you with expert opinions into the real concerns, considerations and opportunities for entering this market. The report includes primary business cases and results of pharma companies (Bayer, Shire and a leading pharma and Fortune 500 company) that are already using iPads for their MSLs in the field.
Key features of Leveraging the iPad to Optimise MSL Impact include:
- Detailed business cases of iPad MSL use (Bayer, Shire, a leading pharma and Fortune 500 company)
- Exclusive KOL views, benefits and challenges for MSL use
- Expert guidance on deploying and training MSL use of iPads
- Step-by-step advice on bringing iPads into the corporate fold
- Advice on aligning iPads for MSL use across each company
- Essential differences between iPad content for sales reps vs MSLs
- Ways to assess where a company stands with iPad on the MSL maturity matrix
- Detailed review of regulatory, technical and internal challenges
- Advice on managing iPad compliance, content, data and security
Leveraging the iPad to Optimise MSL Impact includes step-by-step guidance about the best ways to internally assess, introduce, deploy and manage iPads for your specific corporate needs. It also reviews the best ways to coordinate and train MSLs to effectively use iPads. This report will help you to:
- Receive expert guidance on iPad introduction and training for MSLs
- Review actual business cases of recent iPad deployment to MSLs
- Assess whether iPads are suitable for your company’s current situation
- Recognise the best ways to introduce iPads to your MSLs
- Identify the main challenges for iPad MSL deployment
- Standardise the iPad device to your company’s security and content needs
- Understand the need to coordinate MSL training with iPad deployment
- Capitalise future opportunities for iPad use in Pharma marketing
Leveraging the iPad to Optimise MSL Impact answers key questions including:
- What benefits can iPads actually offer to MSLs in the field?
- How can I find out if iPads would suit my company at this time?
- How can I effectively introduce iPads to the company and MSLs?
- What are the biggest challenges for MSLs in using iPads?
- How can I outfit iPads with proper security, compliance and data?
- What specific iPad training should be provided to MSLs?
- How do I optimise the performance of iPad devices?
- What are the cutting edge opportunities for iPad equipped MSLs in the future?
“You have to explain in training what the device is doing that is complementary to MSLs’ day-to-day job. If it is going to make their life more complicated, they are not going to use it.” Robin Winter-Sperry, Scientific Advantage LLC
“IT departments in a lot of the countries are still not familiar with how to set [iPads] up, how to get them going. So in an ideal scenario should be worked out before MSLs get their iPads.” Jorge Ortiz, MSL E, Bayer
“MSLs are field-based, and their day-to-day activities look a lot like sales reps, but the nature of discussion is purely scientific. The iPad content must reflect that.” Otavio Freire, OpenQ
“Make sure your company has [iPad] security compliance in place and that you build the security walls so that people have only access to the content that is supposed to be available to them.” Cameron Tew, Best Practices LLC
“The soft skills and the training for how to use this technology; how to build the confidence of the users are just as critical as actually doing the work to put in place a particular application.” Andrew MacGregor, Bayer Healthcare