How are market access teams achieving success in today's challenging market?
In the light of unprecedented operational challenges, the pressure on market access teams continues to build as the specific needs of multiple stakeholders grow ever greater. Ongoing payer engagement, pricing and reimbursement planning, HCP/KOL interaction and value message refinement present a complex mix of challenges, often shaped by local practice and custom. So, how are market access teams structured and what are the skills, competencies and trends that influence their work?
For a complete understanding of the trends that are driving market access policy, practice and success we surveyed 100 US and Western European market access professionals and have presented their valuable opinions and insights in Market Access Team Structure and Function 2020.
Benchmark your team's structure and performance
- When do market access teams reach out to external stakeholders and how does this change pre- and post-launch?
- At which stage of a product's lifecycle do companies typically start allocating resources to HEOR, payer relationships, regulatory affairs and key account management?
- Which skills and competencies do experts identify as critical for a successful market access strategy and how might this change over the next 2 years?
- Is face-to-face stakeholder interaction still market access teams' preferred engagement channel in light of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the pricing and reimbursement trends that are exciting and concerning market access planners?
- Over the past 5 years, what, in percentage terms, was the difference between the list price and the transaction price and how does this vary between the US and Europe?
About the Survey
- Interview methodology: The data has been collected via an internet-based questionnaire
- Screening criteria: Respondents were screened to ensure that they were a market access professional employed in the pharmaceutical industry
- Sample distribution: A total of 100 market access professionals (50 US-based; 50 Western Europe-based)
Participating companies include…
Why choose FirstWord ChartViews reports?
Firstword's highly-valuable ChartViews survey reports unlock critical peer insights and:
- Provide a unique perspective on key operational issues of importance to pharma
- Are based on quantitative primary research to reflect the widest range of opinion
- Reveal the views of screened pharma professionals who are qualified to respond to the issues the survey addresses