How are market access teams developing to meet evolving stakeholder demands?
- What are the trends that are defining market access skills?
- Which core competencies should teams be developing for the future?
- What market access developments and trends are exciting or challenging teams?
The pressure on market access teams continues to build as the specific needs of multiple stakeholders grow ever greater. Ongoing payer engagement, competitive landscape modelling, HCP/KOL interaction and value message refinement present a complex cocktail of challenges, often nuanced by local practice and custom.
For a complete understanding of the trends that are driving the need for a flexible and integrated approach to market access we surveyed 100 US and European market access professionals and presented their valuable opinions and insights in the report Market Access Team Structure and Function – Industry Survey (2019).
Benchmark your company's performance:
- How and when are market access teams reaching out to external stakeholders and how does this change pre- and post-launch?
- At which stage of a product's lifecycle do companies typically start allocating resources to the HEOR, payer relationship and patient reported-outcomes functions?
- In-house or outsource? Which areas of market access related work currently performed in-house might be increasingly outsourced?
- Payer relations, pricing/contracting, evidence generation, economic modeling: which skills and competences do experts identify as critical for implementing a successful market access strategy and how might this change over the next 2 years?
- To what extent will pay-for-performance agreements feature in payer discussions about reimbursement over the next 2 years?
- Over the past 5 years, what was the difference between the planned and actual time of reimbursement price approval and what was the percentage difference between the list price and the transaction price?
The report Includes contributions from leading companies, such as...
About the market access experts who responded
This November 2018 survey has captured the views and insights of 100 US-/Western Europe-based staff (50 US; 50 WE) working in or closely with market access teams within the pharmaceutical industry.
Why Choose Firstword ChartViews Reports?
FirstWord's highly-valuable ChartViews survey reports unlock critical peer insights, and:
- Provide a unique perspective on key operational issues of importance to pharma
- Are based on quantitative primary research to reflect the widest range of opinion
- Reveal the views of screened respondents who are qualified to meaningfully contribute to the survey subject