New Digital KOLs are shaping medical opinion – how do you plan to engage them?
Digital KOLs are the new kids on the block and making an impact. Tech savvy medical professionals with something to say are becoming recognised as key influencers in a range of conditions. But how influential are they, what are pharma’s communication/engagement challenges and can industry leverage value from the digital opinion leader network?
Get our new report, New KOL Engagement: Building Relationships with the Digital KOL Generation . Click here to view the sample pages.
To understand the growing impact digital KOLs are having, and be able to formulate strategies for engagement and influence, turn to this insightful report.
“Pharma has been influencer mapping for decades. It's just taking the practice that used to be done with offline networks, and applying it to the online space.”
Digital Multichannel Marketing Strategist
Answering key questions
- A new influencer: What is a digital opinion leader and in what ways do they differ from traditional KOLs?
- Important new voices: Why is it important for pharma companies to identify and engage with digital opinion leaders?
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn... how are social media channels being employed by digital KOLs?
- Engagement challenges: What communication and compliance challenges do pharma companies face in developing relationships with digital opinion leaders in public forums?
- Getting it right How have companies such as Roche and Boehringer Ingelheim successfully engaged in this space?
- How influential? How is digital KOL activity with other healthcare professionals and the public shaping the discussion internationally?
- Crowd sourcing: Why crowd sourcing medical information is a key area for pharma involvement
- Impact assessment: Is the influence of the digital environment changing medical practice?
- Leveraging value? How can pharma leverage value from a digital opinion leader network?
- Patient voices: What role is being played by the increasingly influential patient opinion leaders?
Key Topics Explored
- Digital KOL’s are complementary to traditional academic KOL’s; could the latter apply digital techniques to widen knowledge of their research beyond the established publishing route?
- Digital patient opinion leaders may not have an academic background but their experience of disease is influencing medical opinion – Roche has demonstrated an approach for pharma to engage and support patients.
- Dr. Bertalan Mesko, The Medical Futurist
- Dr. Partha Kar, Consultant Diabetes and Endocrinology, Portsmouth, UK
- Joey Mattingly, PharmD, MBA, Assistant Professor, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Jeanne Barnett, CysticFibrosis.com
- Melissa Johnson, CysticFibrosis.com
- Daniel Ghinn, CEO Creation Pinpoint
- Ranbir Bahra, Senior Medical Affairs Consultant
- Digital Manager, Top 10 Pharma Company
- Digital Multichannel Marketing Strategist, Top 10 Pharma Company
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Dossier reports present unbiased and concise analysis based on interviews with leading industry experts on important trends and challenging issues affecting the pharma industry today.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.