Dozens of new health apps for smartphones and tablets are produced monthly. Hundreds of thousands already exist. What does it take for a patient app to stand out in this crowded space? What are the essential ingredients that differentiate an app for patients…and for pharma?
A well-designed app has the potential to increase the quality and efficiency of healthcare, to empower patients to manage their health better, and to deliver an experience patients will remember. Getting apps right is critical if Pharma is to successfully transform itself into a truly patient-centered business.
Patient-centric Mobile Apps: Key Opportunities and Challenges for Pharma gives you the information you need to understand what patients, healthcare providers and other stakeholders want in a healthcare app — and how a successful one promotes health outcomes and positive customer experiences.
Answers to Key Questions
- How can pharma leverage apps to improve relationships with patients?
- What does it take for healthcare providers to become advocates of your app?
- What are the essential elements of a successful patient-centric healthcare app?
- What types of apps are most widely recommended to patients by healthcare providers, and how do these apps augment patient care?
Key Issues Explored
- Capturing and leveraging the real-world data that apps generate
- Building and managing the 24/7 relationship with customers and patients through apps
- Critical success factors for patient apps
- How to measure and demonstrate ROI of patient apps
- The future of patient apps and pharma’s evolving role
- Your next partner could be a tech giant
- Customer experience is now part of your job description, and you need to ace it
- Healthcare apps are effectively medical devices and could be at risk for increased regulatory scrutiny
- Longevity of the patient relationship will drive future app development
- Learn what the customer needs before designing an app
- Pharma must keep challenging itself to align communications and engagement strategies with the multichannel options available
The rise of and reasons for health telematics
How patients use apps
The value of apps for general healthcare providers
How the pharmaceutical industry views apps
The use and value of apps by HCPs
The future for app development and use
- Helena Binder, Communications Director, European Patient Panel
- Michael Bodenstab, Vice President, Healthcare Solutions, Physicians Interactive
- Neil Chandler, Vice President Commercial Excellence, Daiichi Sankyo
- Jeremy Dalnes, Worldwide Director, Digital Strategy and Platforms, J&J
- Flourent Edouard, Vice President, Commercial Excellence, AstraZeneca
- Leigh Hope, Senior Product Manager, Novo Nordisk
- Richard Evans, Founding Director, NexGen Healthcare
- Rod Fernandez-Baca, Business Unit Director, Gilead
- David Gillen, Head Patient Safety, Celgene
- Helen Harrison, Digital Director, EMEA, Lilly
- Dr Roger Henderson, General Practitioner, UK
- Wills Hughes-Wilson, Chief Patient Access Officer, Sobi
- Matt Jamieson-Evans, HealthUnlocked
- Christine Jordens, Business Support Team Leader, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bernard Levy, Operations Director, Oncology, Roche
- Christian Lindknud, Business Manager, Fujirebio
- Dr Graeme Moyle, Director of Clinical Trials, Chelsea & Westminster Hospital
- Dr Ali Parsa, CEO, Babylon Health
- Rebecca Reeve, Head of KOL Relationships, UK & Ireland, Sanofi
- Benjamin Tilly, Multichannel Marketing Lead, UK & Ireland, GSK
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Dossier reports present unbiased and concise analysis based on interviews with leading industry experts on important trends and challenging issues affecting the pharma industry today.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.