How is technology changing the face of MSL/KOL interaction and which technologies are set to take a greater role is this critical relationship?
- Which technologies are being employed to identify KOLs?
- What technology trends are enabling MSLs to better to respond to, and interact with, KOLs?
- What systems are in place to record KOL insights and feedback?
- How do MSLs see technology changing the way they work?
Face-to-face meetings are the preferred choice of MSLs when sharing key scientific information and getting feedback from KOLs. But in the real world, access to KOLs is limited and MSL workloads are increasing. MSLs are turning to digital technology for help, with many MSLs envisaging a time when technology will provide most of the tools for identifying, communicating, maintaining and developing their KOL relationships.
How and where is technology impacting MSLs, and what are the key trends MSL managers and planners must be aware of? To explore the MSL technology landscape, we surveyed 100 US and EU MSL professionals and published their valuable opinions and insights in the MSL Technology Survey 2018.
MSL professionals tackle key questions:
- How much time do MSLs commit to identifying Digital Opinion Leaders (DOLs) and is this an area likely to grow in importance?
- How is technology enabling MSLs to tailor scientific information for KOLs and how does this differ in the US and EU?
- How might KOL influence mapping systems and social media change MSL working practices?
- What role does technology play in gathering and recording insights and feedback from KOLs?
- When is the optimum time to use digital engagement technologies?
- Email? SMS? Online video? Live chat? Which communication technologies are finding favour with MSLs?
- Are virtual advisory boards the way forward and how important do MSLs think they will be?
The report includes contributions from MSLs at leading companies, such as...
About the MSL experts who responded
This October 2018 survey has captured the views and insights of of 100 MSLs and MSL managers (50 US-based; 50 Western Europe-based) currently employed in the pharmaceutical industry.
Why Choose Firstword ChartViews?
FirstWord's highly-valuable ChartViews survey reports unlock critical peer insights, and:
- Provide a unique perspective on key operational issues of importance to pharma
- Are based on quantitative primary research to reflect the widest range of opinion
- Reflect only the views of screened respondents who are qualified to speak to the survey subject