In The Rise of Wearable Healthcare Technology: Opportunities and Challenges for Pharma, FirstWord examines an emerging industry that is predicted to generate $53.2 billion in global sales by 2019.
Considered a perfect convergence of mobile tech trends and real-time data, wearables are already shaping the future of healthcare. Based on in-depth interviews with key experts and wide-ranging research, the report addresses how the line between consumer and healthcare wearables is increasingly blurred—and how pharma can be part of a future in which wearing healthcare technology is the new normal.
The future is at your fingertips—literally and physically. As passive, intelligent wearable health devices become increasingly ubiquitous (there’ll be an estimated 35 million devices connected to the Internet of Things by 2019), the human body has become a generator of transparent, real-time, continuous and highly contextualized data. Can pharma fit in? And if so, how can the industry prepare for the day when ‘wearable’ can also mean ‘ingestible’?
- Insight into how healthcare will be transformed by new types of data collected through wearable and remote monitoring devices
- Knowledge of how the evolution of wearable tech is blurring the line between health and wellness
- Valuable understanding about how the analysis of patient-generated data will lead to ‘virtual health coaching’ on everything from prescriptions to lifestyle choices
- Breakdowns of the wearable tech market by segment
- Expert knowledge on how pharma can author its way into the wearable tech industry
- In-depth expert interviews with key innovators in the industry
- Detailed analysis of the move towards ‘pro-sumer’ wearables
- Exploration of wearable tech for disease prevention, clinical trials and chronic disease management
- Analysis of the regulatory environment for wearable health technology
- Examination of the key features for wearable adoption by consumers
- Overview of the future of wearables, including ingestibles, bioresorbables and ‘soft’ electronics
Get Answers to Pressing Questions
- What are pharma’s opportunities for the wearables industry?
- Will wearables become valuable tools in diagnostics and treatment?
- What opportunities and challenges will arise from patient-generated health data?
- How can pharma make wearable device data more relevant?
- What does pharma have to lose if they are not involved in the wearables industry?
- Will wearable technology change pharma’s position on data transparency?
- Chief Medical Officer, mobile health solutions company
- Trauma Surgeon/Google Glass Explorer, Medical Center, US
- CEO at a drug development company, US
- Director at center for innovation at an EU university
- Director, Global eMedia Communications at a leading pharmaceutical company
- Associate VP, Head of Epidemiology at a biotech company in France
- Digital Marketing Manager at a global pharmaceutical company
- Executive Vice President at a pharmaceutical marketing agency
- Development manager at a pharmaceutical marketing agency
- Director of Product Marketing at a clinical research company
- Chief of Staff at a clinical research company
- Senior Director of Product Marketing at a clinical research company
- VP, Director of Creative Technology, healthcare advertising and promotion agency, USA
- Founder and CEO, Social Media Advertising Company
About FirstWord Reports
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.