FirstWord’s Trends and Innovations in Drug Pricing report dissects international trends and examines how long-standing dynamics in competitive pricing and access will strengthen the payer position in demanding discounts in return for guaranteed patient access. Up-to-the-minute and based on the most current research and expert interviews, Trends and Innovations in Drug Pricing is an open window to the future of drug pricing.
Worldwide, the trend towards payers determining price has been firmly entrenched for years. Yet in the US, more aggressive approaches to pricing through exclusive deals that swap discounts for patient access are only now gaining traction.
As arrangements like that which saw Gilead Sciences granted exclusive coverage by CVS Health for the premium priced hepatitis C drugs Harvoni (ledipasvir/sofosbuvir) and Sovaldi (sofosbuvir) increasingly become the norm, the pricing landscape is likely to undergo significant change. And as payers focus is on containing costs and ensuring value for money, what is the takeaway message for pharma?
Get Answers to Important Questions
- What impact will aggressive pricing measures have on the US, based on EU experience?
- What lessons can the US market learn from EU experience in areas such as risk-sharing and reference pricing?
- What impact do current pricing trends have on patient access, public health and cross-border access in the EU?
- How can pharma companies remain flexible and agile in a payer-dominated market?
- How is the Solvadi experience impacting US payers and pharma companies?
- Is differential pricing by indication a feasible option in areas such as oncology?
- Analyses of various tools payers are using to exert pressure on drug prices
- Assessment of critical factors to consider when setting prices that payers can bear
- Evaluation of the impact Health Technology Assessment is having on drug prices
- Insights into the rising importance of Value Based Pricing and risk sharing agreements
- Expert views on payer attitudes towards combination products and high-priced oncologic and orphan drugs
About FirstWord Reports
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today in these topic areas: Biosimilars, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Sales & Marketing, Technology, Therapy Areas.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.