Market barriers affect 22 percent of asthma/COPD prescriptions in the US. Is your brand losing out?
Market barriers affect over 22 percent of all prescriptions for asthma/COPD treatments in the US, and certain brands are losing out on market share. Is it yours? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Asthma/COPD (US) .
Based on a survey of 100 pulmonologists and primary care physicians, the report covers 12 major therapies from GSK, Merck & Co., Teva, AstraZeneca, Novartis, Boehringer Ingelheim and Roche.Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Interested in the European market? Click here to see the EU5 Edition.
- Barriers affect just over 1 in 5 prescriptions. Some brands are making hay, while others are losing market share. Is your brand a leader or laggard? And is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Three brands see the biggest share increase. And one is leading by a significant margin. Is its lead too big to overcome? What can other brands do to catch up?
- One brand sees a significant loss. Could market share losses be due to low prescribing rates, or is some other market dynamic at play? And perhaps most importantly, can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close gaps at the bottom of the table. Despite the high impact of barriers, only gaps at the bottom of the table would be closed. Will your brand experience an increase in market share in a barrier free world?
- Perception could be the problem. For some brands, up to 20 percent of physicians are unaware of them. Could improving awareness and understanding amongst these physicians improve market shares?
Insight into 12 Major Asthma/COPD Drugs
- Advair (fluticasone/salmeterol; GSK)
- Breo Ellipta (vilanterol/fluticasone furoate; GSK)
- Dulera (mometasone/formoterol; Merck & Co.)
- Seebri (glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Spiriva (tiotropium; Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol; AstraZeneca)
- Utibron (indacaterol/glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Trelegy Ellipta (fluticasone/umeclidinium/vilanterol; GSK)
- Xolair (omalizumab; Novartis/Roche)
- Cinqair (reslizumab; Teva)
- Nucala (mepolizumab; GSK)
- Fasenra (benralizumab; AstraZeneca)
Exploring Market Access Barriers
Market Access Impact: Asthma/COPD (US)  explores key issues affecting asthma/COPD drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 US-based pulmonologists and primary care physicians, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with asthma/COPD in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between June 4-7, 2018.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.
Advair (fluticasone/salmeterol; GSK)