Find out why doctors can’t prescribe your brand, and what you can do about it
Market barriers only affect 19% of multiple myeloma prescriptions in the EU5 countries, and the split between brands that gain and lose market share because of them is pretty even. But a willingness to prescribe certain brands, and high levels of awareness, could be the light at the end of the tunnel for companies promoting multiple myeloma treatments in the EU5 markets.
Find out how doctors see your brand, and whether market barriers are dragging your market share down, in Market Access Impact: Multiple Myeloma (EU5).
Based on a survey of 150 medical oncologists and haematologists, the report covers 7 major therapies from Janssen Biotech, Genmab, Novartis, Amgen, Takeda and Celgene. Handy graphs and charts show you how 7 barriers affect your market share, revealing which competitors you gain share from, and lose it to.
Not your market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- No clear winners or losers. Of the 7 brands included in the survey, 4 gain market share and 3 lose market share. Where does your brand come in the pecking order?
- No one barrier is to blame. Most of the 7 barriers covered in the report affect the same amount of prescriptions.
- Barrier impact is small. Over 45-65% of surveyed doctors experience only one barrier with any given brand, but for some brands that climbs to 3 barriers.
- Cost isn’t the biggest barrier. While treatment costs do have an impact on prescribing patterns, two other barriers have more of an impact; find out what they are.
- Understanding the fine margins could be the difference. The overall barrier impact in EU5 markets is smaller compared to the US, but knowing what commercial levers to pull could make all the difference.
Insight into 7 Major Multiple Myeloma Treatments
- Darzalex (daratumumab; Janssen Cilag/Genmab)
- Farydak (panobinostat; Novartis)
- Kyprolis (carfilzomib; Amgen)
- Imnovid (pomalidomide; Celgene)
- Revlimid (lenalidomide; Celgene)
- Thalidomide (thalidomide; Celgene)
- Velcade (bortezomib; Takeda)
Exploring Important Market Access Issues
Market Access Impact: Multiple Myeloma (EU5) explores key issues affecting drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 medical oncologists and haematologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with multiple myeloma in total in the last month
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.