Market barriers affect 15 percent of multiple sclerosis prescriptions in Europe. Is your brand losing out?
Despite market barriers only affecting 15 percent of all multiple sclerosis prescriptions in Europe, certain brands are losing out on market share. Is it yours? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Multiple Sclerosis (EU5) .
Based on a survey of 150 neurologists based in the EU5 markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK), this report covers 12 major therapies in the multiple sclerosis market from Sanofi, Biogen, Bayer, Teva, Novartis, Genzyme, Roche, and Merck Group, including Aubagio, Avonex, Betaferon, Copaxone, Gilenya, Lemtrada, Mavenclad, Ocrevus, Plegridy, Rebif, Tecfidera and Tysabri. Handy graphs and charts show at a glance which of seven different market barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most share from competitors.
Not your market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- Barriers affect 15 percent of all prescriptions. Small, perhaps, but brands are still losing out on market share opportunities because of them. Is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Two brands see the biggest share increases. But are they so far ahead that other brands can’t catch up? And is your brand leading, or in the chasing pack?
- One brand sees a significant loss. Close to 50 percent of physicians prescribe this brand, so which barriers are slowing down adoption? And can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close gaps across the table. And certain products would move up several places, suggesting an improved market access strategy could drive significant market share gains.
- Perception could be a problem for some brands. Across all 12 brands, awareness and a willingness to use is high. But for one brand, 15 percent of physicians wouldn’t even consider using it; is it your brand?
Insight into 12 Major Multiple Sclerosis Treatments
- Aubagio (teriflunomide; Sanofi)
- Avonex (interferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Betaferon (interferon beta-1b; Bayer)
- Copaxone (glatiramer acetate; Teva)
- Gilenya (fingolimod; Novartis)
- Lemtrada (alemtuzumab; Sanofi/Genzyme)
- Mavenclad (cladribine; Merck Group)
- Ocrevus (ocrelizumab; Roche)
- Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Rebif (interferon beta-1a; Merck Serono)
- Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate; Biogen)
- Tysabri (natalizumab; Biogen)
Exploring Important Market Access Issues
Market Access Impact: Multiple Sclerosis (EU5) explores key issues affecting multiple sclerosis drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 neurologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with multiple sclerosis in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between July 2-10, 2018.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.