What are the market access obstacles that are shaping the EU5 psoriasis market and which brands are winning out?
- How are market barriers affecting psoriasis drug prescribing?
- How do market barriers affect the market share of leading brands?
- What specific market access barriers are challenging each brand?
- Which brands gain and lose the most market share due to market barriers?
High cost, no formulary listing and stock availability are just some of the barriers that can negatively influence prescribing volumes and exert downward pressure on profitability. What market access barriers are influencing physicians’ therapy choices and how is this determining market share?
This and other key questions are answered in this insightful February 2019 analysis of 13 leading psoriasis brands. Based on the results of an in-depth survey of 150 EU5-based dermatologists, Market Access Impact (EU5): Psoriasis identifies the market access barriers that are shaping the competitive landscape for leading rheumatoid arthritis brands in the EU5 and provides clear pointers for management action.
Evaluating leading companies in the US psoriasis sector
- Eli Lilly
- Janssen Cilag
- Leo Pharma
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
Leading brands covered in this report
- Benepali (etanercept; Biogen)
- Cimzia (certolizumab pegol; UCB)
- Cosentyx (secukinumab; Novartis)
- Enbrel (etanercept; Pfizer)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Inflectra (infliximab; Pfizer)
- Kyntheum (brodalumab; Leo Pharma)
- Otezla (apremilast; Celgene)
- Remicade (infliximab; Merck Sharp & Dohme)
- Remsima (infliximab; Napp/Mundipharma)
- Stelara (ustekinumab; Janssen Cilag)
- Taltz (ixekizumab; Eli Lilly)
- Tremfya (guselkumab; Janssen Cilag)
Answering important market access questions
- What underpins the physicians’ prescribing of Humira, Cosentyx and Stelara?
- What is the overall impact of market barriers on prescribing?
- Not available on formulary? Not recommended in guidelines? Limited availability? What market access obstacles are impacting Tremfya, Taltz and Stelara?
- How many market barriers are impacting Kyntheum, Cosentyx and Otezla?
- How are market access issues impacting the market shares of Benepali, Cimzia and Enbrel and which competitor brands are benefitting?
Market access barriers examined in this survey
- Not available on formulary
- Too expensive
- Not recommended by guidelines
- Limited availability
- Patients prefer other medications
- Only recommended for certain patient types
- Is not reimbursable
Exclusive to FirstView, Market Access Impact surveys reveal the barriers that influence prescribing, identify the brands that win or lose market share, and highlight the
brand-specific market access challenges that management must overcome
The experience of the physicians surveyed
This detailed analysis is based on a survey of 150 EU5 dermatologists with a wealth of experience treating psoriasis. On average they:
- Saw 65 patients the month preceding the survey
- Have 18 years in practice
- Have prescribed at least one of the brands assessed
This report gives you...
- Practical data to understand how market barriers impact the prescribing decisions dermatologists treating psoriasis make
- 33 clear, easy-to-read, charts that provide at-a-glance understanding of the survey findings
- Actionable and detailed information identifying specific areas where medical access teams can improve brand share
Why FirstView has an edge in pharmaceutical market research
FirstView research draws on LiMA (Leaders in Medicine Atlas), the world's largest directory of 3.5 million vetted and verified physicians. This proprietary physician research platform uses advanced big data capture, processing and analytics powered by AI and machine learning to ensure the most robust samples are used for every FirstView survey.
Other PSORIASIS reports available
Market Access Impact (US): Psoriasis
Medical Affairs Reputations (US): Psoriasis
Medical Affairs Reputations (EU5): Psoriasis
NPS+ US: Psoriasis
NPS+ Europe: Psoriasis
KOL Insights: Psoriasis
To learn about our cost effective Psoriasis intelligence package of all reports, please contact us at email@example.com