Market barriers affect 32 percent of injectable type II diabetes mellitus prescriptions in the US. Is your brand losing out?
Just under a third of all prescriptions for injectable type II diabetes mellitus treatments in the US are affected by barriers. Multiple brands are, therefore, losing market share. Is your brand in the mix? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact (US): Type II Diabetes Mellitus [Injectables].
Based on a survey of 100 US-based diabetologists and primary care physicians, this report covers 12 major injectable therapies in the type II diabetes market from Sanofi, Lilly, Novo Nordisk, GSK and AstraZeneca. Handy graphs and charts show at a glance which of seven different market barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most share from competitors.
Not your market? Click here to see the EU5 Edition.
- Barriers affect 32 percent of all prescriptions. With just under a third of all injectable type II diabetes prescriptions in the US being affected, multiple brands are losing out on market share opportunities, big time! Is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- One brand sees the biggest share increase. But is it so far ahead that other brands can’t catch up? And is your brand leading, or in the chasing pack?
- Two brands see a significant loss. Despite being prescribed by between 57-75 percent of physicians, two brands lose well over 2 percent of their market share because of barriers. Why? And can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close gaps across the table. And certain products would move up several places, suggesting an improved market access strategy could drive significant market share gains.
- Perception could be a problem for some brands. Across all 12 brands, awareness and a willingness to use is high. But for two brands, between 16-18 percent of physicians had never even heard of the brand; is it yours?
Insight into 12 Major Injectable Type 2 Diabetes Treatments
- Adlyxin (lixisenatide; Sanofi)
- Bydureon Bcise (exenatide extended-release; AstraZeneca)
- Humalog (insulin lispro; Eli Lilly)
- NovoLog (insulin aspart; Novo Nordisk)
- Ozempic (semaglutide; Novo Nordisk)
- Ryzodeg (insulin degludec/insulin aspart; Novo Nordisk)
- Tanzeum (albiglutide; GlaxoSmithKline)
- Toujeo (insulin glargine; Sanofi)
- Tresiba (insulin degludec; Novo Nordisk)
- Trulicity (dulaglutide; Eli Lilly)
- Victoza (liraglutide; Novo Nordisk)
- Xultophy (insulin degludec/liraglutide; Novo Nordisk)
Exploring Market Access Barriers
Market Access Impact: Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus [Injectables] (US)  explores key issues affecting type 2 diabetes mellitus drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 US-based diabetologists and primary care physicians, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with type 2 diabetes in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between October 10-12, 2018.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.