Close rivalries among European asthma/COPD medical affairs teams. Will your team come out on top?
In Europe, one asthma/COPD medical affairs team leads the way in terms of interaction frequency and overall quality of interactions, but only 3 points separates this team from second place. Can other teams close the gap? 150 pulmonologists and primary care physicians from the EU5 markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK) provide insights on several medical affairs teams, and opinions are mixed. Will targeting improvements in certain areas be enough to put your team ahead of the competition?
Discover all the ways you can improve your medical affairs services in Medical Affairs Reputations: Asthma/COPD (EU5) . This report, which compares the current activities of medical affairs teams for the 11 leading treatments for asthma/COPD from GSK, Teva, Chiesi, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, and Novartis, reveals:
- How pulmonologists and primary care physicians rate your team overall, and on 12 key medical affairs services.
- Which medical affairs services are most important.
- How, and how often pulmonologists and primary care physicians want to meet with your team.
- What you can do to improve your medical affairs services.
That’s actionable information you can use to turn your team into one that doctors rely on.
Interested in the US market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- All to play for at the top of the table. Only 3 points separate the top brand from the chasing pack, suggesting that there’s still room to move up the table if the right tactics are adopted. But what areas will make all the difference?
- Information is the #1 priority. The most important medical affairs services all relate to providing information that doctors can use to make better treatment decisions, with nearly all teams tasked with improving in this area.
- Mixed levels of physician interaction. In the past six months, 4 of 11 teams interacted with more than 70 percent of doctors surveyed, but the least active team only saw 28 percent of them. Could increased levels of interaction improve team perceptions?
- In person or via digital channels? The report reveals how physicians want to interact with rheumatoid arthritis medical affairs teams. Use this information to refine your medical affairs strategy.
Insight into Medical Affairs Teams for 11 Asthma/COPD Treatments
- Seretide (fluticasone/salmeterol; GSK)
- Relvar Ellipta (vilanterol/fluticasone furoate; GSK)
- Seebri (glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Spiriva (tiotropium; Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol; AstraZeneca)
- Ultibro (indacaterol/glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Trimbow (beclometasone/formoterol/glycopyrronium; Chiesi)
- Xolair (omalizumab; Novartis)
- Cinqaero (reslizumab; Teva)
- Nucala (mepolizumab; GSK)
- Fasenra (benralizumab; AstraZeneca)
An Expert-designed Competitive View of Your Medical Affairs Team
Developed with the help of medical affairs specialists, this report gives you an in-depth comparison of 11 medical affairs teams—answering important questions like:
What do doctors need?
- How, and how often are they using your medical affairs team?
- What services do they consider most important?
- How often should you contact them? What channels are best?
Does your medical affairs team deliver?
- How memorable are your team’s interactions with doctors?
- How do doctors rank your team for performance and satisfaction in 12 key areas?
- How does your team compare to the competition—in each area, and overall?
What needs improvement?
- Are you delivering the services that are most important to doctors?
- Where do you need to improve?
- How can your team enhance its services?
Based on Interviews with Practicing Doctors
We surveyed 150 pulmonologists and primary care physicians from the EU5 (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
- Have been practicing for between 3 and 35 years
- See at least 5 patients with asthma/COPD in a typical month
- Devote at least 50% of their time to direct patient care
- Have interacted with at least one listed product’s medical affairs team in the past 6 months
We conducted the survey between September 5-10, 2018.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.