Does your brand messaging need an overhaul?
Despite some positive feedback from haematologists in the EU5 countries, only one of the 6 Haemophilia B treatments we surveyed managed to eke out a positive satisfaction score. One way for brands to improve their scores may be to revisit their marketing strategies. Our research shows that brand messages are failing to resonate with doctors.
Find out how doctors rate your brand, get insight into why, and learn what you can do to boost your satisfaction score in FirstView’s NPS+ Haemophilia B 2017 (EU5).
Building on the respected net promoter score (NPS), the report compares six major haemophilia drugs, and shows you:
How loyal doctors are to your brand.
Which promotional messages resonate best.
What doctors really think of your brand, revealed in a unique “Brand DNA” section.
All with easy-to-use KPIs that highlight ways you can improve brand health.
Interested in the American market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- Perception is mixed: 40% of doctors are unsatisfied with available treatments, but “Brand DNA” comments show that even Detractors have positive feedback about several brands.
- Improvements needed: Only one brand eked out a positive Net Promoter Score, but just barely. The rest range from slightly to moderately negative.
- Not closing the deal: The two lowest-scoring brands are losing out not because they have too many Detractors but because they have too few Promoters.
- Growth opportunity: Most brands have more “Passives” (doctors who are neither Promoters nor Detractors) than Detractors. How can you win them over?
- Poised to surge ahead: One brand could increase its market share by over 450% if it can win over Detractors and turn them into Promoters.
- Sending the wrong message? Brand message analysis shows that for most brands, few promotional messages resonate with more than half of doctors.
Insight into 6 Major Haemophilia B Treatments
- Alprolix (eftrenonacog alfa; Swedish Orphan Biovitrum)
- BeneFIX (nonacog alfa; Pfizer)
- Feiba (Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex; Shire)
- Idelvion (albutrepenonacog alfa; CSL Behring)
- MonoNine (Coagulation Factor IX [human]; CSL Behring)
- Rixubis (nonacog gamma; Shire)
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 haematologists from the EU5 countries (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK), chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. The same community that pharma market researchers trust for reliable, fast intelligence.
We conducted the survey between August 1st and 22nd, 2017.
Explore Important Brand Loyalty Issues
NPS+ Haemophilia B 2017 (EU5) explores key issues affecting brand loyalty for drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
- How satisfied doctors are with available treatments.
- How loyal doctors are to your brand.
- How many other brands your Promoters recommend.
- Which other brands your Promoters and Detractors recommend.
- How much market share your brand has among Promoters and Detractors.
- How much market share you stand to gain by converting Detractors into Promoters.
- Which messages Promoters, Passives and Detractors associate with your brand.
- Your brand DNA: what doctors really think of your brand—in their own words.
What is Net Promoter® Score?
NPS is a customer loyalty metric developed by (and a registered trademark of) Fred Reichheld, Bain & Company, and Satmetrix. It was introduced by Reichheld in his 2003 Harvard Business Review article One Number You Need to Grow.
How does NPS work?
NPS measures overall brand satisfaction and loyalty by asking one simple question:
"How likely are you to recommend this brand to a colleague?"
Responses - given on a scale of 0 (not at all likely) to 10 (extremely likely)—are used to classify respondents into 3 categories:
Detractors are those who answer 0 – 6.
Passives are those who answer 7 – 8.
Promoters are those who answer 9 - 10.
How is NPS calculated?
The percentage of detractors - the percentage of promoters = NPS.
For example, 25% Promoters, 55% Passives and 20% Detractors give you an NPS of +5.
NPS can range from -100 (everybody is a Detractor) to +100 (everybody is a Promoter). The higher the score the healthier the brand.
What is FirstView NPS+?
Each NPS+ report examines doctors’ relationships with the brands used to treat a major disease area—measuring brand loyalty and showing you how it affects your market share. NPS+ also examines “brand DNA”, revealing in doctors’ own words what brands mean to them.
Instead of one simple metric, NPS+ gives you a detailed picture of brand health that highlights areas for improvement, and helps you see exactly what steps you need to take next.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.