One brand leads the pack in the US – but who is coming a close second?
When it comes to melanoma treatment options, just how loyal are US oncologists to particular brands? The majority claim to be satisfied with the choices available – however, they are also happy to recommend more than one option. Why?
FirstView’s NPS+ Melanoma report assesses brand loyalty for 7 melanoma treatments. See exactly how your brand is performing and get the insight you need to build a targeted brand strategy and improve your market share.Click here to see the EU5 Edition.
Get Answers to Key Questions About Melanoma Treatments
- Opdivo (nivolumab, BMS): What are the vast majority of Opdivo Detractors recommending instead? Could they be persuaded to switch?
- Keytruda (pembrolizumab, Merck & Co): Which important brand message is not getting through to US oncologists, yet is top of the list amongst their EU counterparts?
- Yervoy (ipilimumab, BMS): Market share amongst Promoters looks healthy but what does the Yervoy loyalty score reveal about the likelihood of switching?
- Zelboraf (vemurafenib, Genentech): Promoters of Zelboraf strongly favour two other brands – which ones?
- Mekinist (trametinib, Novartis): Do US oncologists view Mekinist and Tafinlar as interchangeable?
- Tafinlar (dabrafenib, GSK): What does Tafinlar’s brand DNA show about how oncologists view it within the treatment paradigm?
- Proleukin (aldesleukin, Prometheus): Which top three brand messages are strongest amongst Promoters? Could these be the key to taking on the two competitor brands leading the field?
- One brand is healthiest by far: Although all but one of the brands surveyed showed a positive NPS, the leader showed a 31% improvement on second place in the US and a 41% improvement in Europe.
- Loyalty is relatively low: 3-4 other choices are actively considered for all brands except one – find out which one.
- One brand has a huge opportunity to gain market share: If its Detractors can be converted into Promoters, this brand stands to gain significantly more than any other surveyed.
- One key message dominates: Of all the drugs surveyed, one brand message consistently ranked in the top three. Find out which one.
Explore Important Brand Loyalty Issues
NPS+ Melanoma (US) explores key issues affecting brand loyalty for melanoma drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
- How satisfied the melanoma market is.
- How loyal doctors are to your brand.
- How many other brands your Promoters recommend.
- Which other brands your Promoters and Detractors recommend.
- How much market share your brand has among Promoters and Detractors.
- How much market share you stand to gain by converting Detractors into Promoters.
- Which messages Promoters, Passives and Detractors associate with your brand.
- Your brand DNA: what doctors really think of your brand—in their own words.
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 US Medical Oncologists chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. The same community that pharma market researchers trust for reliable, fast intelligence.
We conducted the survey between May 12th and 17th, 2016.
What is Net Promoter® Score?
NPS is a customer loyalty metric developed by (and a registered trademark of) Fred Reichheld, Bain & Company, and Satmetrix. It was introduced by Reichheld in his 2003 Harvard Business Review article One Number You Need to Grow.
How does NPS work?
NPS measures overall brand satisfaction and loyalty by asking one simple question:
"How likely are you to recommend this brand to a colleague?"
Responses - given on a scale of 0 (not at all likely) to 10 (extremely likely)—are used to classify respondents into 3 categories:
Detractors are those who answer 0 – 6.
Passives are those who answer 7 – 8.
Promoters are those who answer 9 - 10.
How is NPS calculated?
The percentage of detractors - the percentage of promoters = NPS.
For example, 25% Promoters, 55% Passives and 20% Detractors give you an NPS of +5.
NPS can range from -100 (everybody is a Detractor) to +100 (everybody is a Promoter). The higher the score the healthier the brand.
What is FirstView NPS+?
Each NPS+ report examines doctors’ relationships with the brands used to treat a major disease area—measuring brand loyalty and showing you how it affects your market share. NPS+ also examines “brand DNA”, revealing in doctors’ own words what brands mean to them.
Instead of one simple metric, NPS+ gives you a detailed picture of brand health that highlights areas for improvement, and helps you see exactly what steps you need to take next.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.