Satisfaction survey results: Top 2 brands are way ahead of the pack. Can your brand close the gap?
In the US rheumatoid arthritis (RA) treatment market, the two leading brands are trouncing the competition, earning far and away the highest satisfaction and loyalty scores. Can rivals catch up, or are they stuck jockeying for position in the mid-market?
Get the full story in FirstView NPS+ Rheumatoid Arthritis (US). Request sample pages
Based on a survey of 100 rheumatologists, the report builds on the respected net promoter score (NPS), comparing brand loyalty for 8 major RA treatments and highlighting ways you can improve your brand’s health—and boost market share—with easy-to-use KPIs.
Interested in the European market? Click here to see the EU5 Edition.
- Two undisputed winners: While 7 of the 8 surveyed brands have a positive NPS, the two leading brands are way ahead of the pack. These same two brands dominate the EU5 market as well.
- Brand loyalty is limited: Although more than three quarters of the rheumatologists surveyed are satisfied with available drugs, few promote one brand exclusively. Loyalty scores and recommendation patterns also highlight a willingness to switch brands.
- “Passive” potential for middle-ranking brands: Most brands have high numbers of “Passives” who are more closely aligned with Promoters than Detractors. The report’s brand message associations may provide the key to winning them over.
- One brand poised for a massive share gains: Comparatively low ranked, this brand stands to quintuple its market share if it can turn its Detractors into Promoters. No other brand comes close in terms of potential gain.
- Clinical concerns are the top priorities: Safety, efficacy, and other clinical issues drive the most brand recommendations, and resonate with more doctors, than other concerns. The report reveals which specific messages are most effective for each surveyed brand.
Insight into 8 Major Rheumatoid Arthritis Drugs
- Actemra (tocilizumab; Roche/Genentech)
- Cimzia (certolizumab pegol; UCB)
- Enbrel (etanercept; Amgen)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Orencia (abatacept; BMS)
- Remicade (infliximab; Janssen Biotech)
- Rituxan (rituximab; Roche/Genentech/Biogen)
- Simponi (golimumab; Janssen Biotech)
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 US rheumatologists chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. The same community that pharma market researchers trust for reliable, fast intelligence.
We conducted the survey between August 1st and 4th, 2016.
Explore Important Brand Loyalty Issues
NPS+ Rheumatoid Arthritis (US) explores key issues affecting brand loyalty for drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
- How satisfied the RA market is.
- How loyal doctors are to your brand.
- How many other brands your Promoters recommend.
- Which other brands your Promoters and Detractors recommend.
- How much market share your brand has among Promoters and Detractors.
- How much market share you stand to gain by converting Detractors into Promoters.
- Which messages Promoters, Passives and Detractors associate with your brand.
- Your brand DNA: what doctors really think of your brand—in their own words.
What is Net Promoter® Score?
NPS is a customer loyalty metric developed by (and a registered trademark of) Fred Reichheld, Bain & Company, and Satmetrix. It was introduced by Reichheld in his 2003 Harvard Business Review article One Number You Need to Grow.
How does NPS work?
NPS measures overall brand satisfaction and loyalty by asking one simple question:
"How likely are you to recommend this brand to a colleague?"
Responses - given on a scale of 0 (not at all likely) to 10 (extremely likely)—are used to classify respondents into 3 categories:
Detractors are those who answer 0 – 6.
Passives are those who answer 7 – 8.
Promoters are those who answer 9 - 10.
How is NPS calculated?
The percentage of detractors - the percentage of promoters = NPS.
For example, 25% Promoters, 55% Passives and 20% Detractors give you an NPS of +5.
NPS can range from -100 (everybody is a Detractor) to +100 (everybody is a Promoter). The higher the score the healthier the brand.
What is FirstView NPS+?
Each NPS+ report examines doctors’ relationships with the brands used to treat a major disease area—measuring brand loyalty and showing you how it affects your market share. NPS+ also examines “brand DNA”, revealing in doctors’ own words what brands mean to them.
Instead of one simple metric, NPS+ gives you a detailed picture of brand health that highlights areas for improvement, and helps you see exactly what steps you need to take next.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.