On the crest of a wave; as CAR-T gathers speed, is future usage expected to be robust?
Kymriah (Novartis) and Yescarta (Gilead/Kite) have blazed a trail for anti-CD19 CAR-T therapies, and both are now sweeping across the US and Europe. There’s no doubt that the future for CAR-T therapies is bright due to them delivering significant improvements in clinical outcomes in difficult to treat indications. But what do treating physicians think about how CAR-T is being used today? What are the key challenges and opportunities that exist for this novel technology, in terms of patient selection and logistics? And how is the landscape likely to evolve in the future, both in terms of CAR-T therapy prescribing and the impact on other treatment modalities?
Timelines, Key Issues Explored
FirstWord carried out in-depth quantitative research with over 200 medical oncologists, haemato-oncologists and haematologists in the US, France, Germany and the UK to understand physician awareness and enthusiasm levels for CAR-T therapies, what could be done to improve this, and expectations for the future of the treatment landscape. The key issues explored included:
- Current status of physician awareness, understanding and perceptions of anti-CD19 CAR-T therapies, including current and future reliability of information and educational sources
- Physician-level insights on key drivers and resistors of CAR-T therapy prescribing (e.g. efficacy, safety, patient eligibility, logistics and cost), both now and in the future, plus insights on key market-shaping issues such as current and future patient prescribing rates, referral patterns, amongst other market dynamics
- Current and future prescribing patterns for anti-CD19 CAR-T therapies in acute lymphocytic leukaemia (ALL) and non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) and anti-BCMA CAR-T therapies in multiple myeloma including which drug classes are likely to lose share as a result of these novel treatments being available
- Evolution of the CAR-T therapy landscape and which next-generation approaches (e.g. targets, mechanism of action) are considered most promising going forward
What to Expect from This Report
This physicians insight into current and future prescribing patterns for CAR-T therapies in haematological cancers makes important reading for pharma, not only for companies actively engaged in the development and commercialisation of CAR-T therapies, but also for key stakeholders seeking in-depth, quantitative insights on how the CAR-T landscape is evolving, and how things are likely to change in the future. Find out what treating physicians are saying about CAR-T, what the key drivers and resistors are to its use today and in the future, and what promising next-generation approaches are generating the most excitement. Download CAR-T Therapies in Haematological Cancers (Physician Survey) and start deciphering what’s next for this critically important treatment approach in haematological cancer. In this report you can expect to find:
- Quantitative insights on 17 key issues relating to current and future prescribing patterns for CAR-T therapies in the US and Europe
- Issues explored via an online survey that included over 50 targeted questions put to each physician
- Their responses provided 22 critical insights, data for which is provided across 21 unique and never-seen-before charts
- When appropriate, key differences between US and European respondents are provided, thereby adding additional detailed insight
How Did We Do It?
We surveyed 205 medical oncologists, haemato-oncologists and haematologists in the US, France, Germany and the UK (n=104 physicians in US, n=101 physicians in France, Germany, the UK). All respondents have been practicing for an average of 16 years, devote over 80% of their time to patient care and play an active prescribing role for haematological cancers, specifically leukaemias, lymphomas or myeloma, and are familiar CAR-T cell therapy.
Why Buy Now?
This unique research will help you understand how treating physicians see the future CAR-T therapy market evolving, and what next-generation approaches are igniting the most excitement. In CAR-T Therapies in Haematological Cancers (Physician Survey) you will also learn about key challenges and opportunities facing this novel technology, what the key drivers and resistors to usage are, and how things differ between the US and Europe.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.