Vital lessons for developers as physicians reveal their usage, knowledge and views of companion diagnostics tests employed in leading cancers
- Which tests are physicians aware of, which do they use and why?
- What brands are targeted by companion diagnostics, and which tests are preferred?
- What are the issues that are impacting the wider use of oncology companion diagnostics?
“Due to targeted treatment, more companion diagnostics are required”
Developments in biomarker identification and companion diagnostics (CDx) are rapidly advancing clinical practice in leading cancers such as NSCLC, breast, ovarian, CRC, gastric, melanoma and hematological malignancies. As more specific targeted therapies come to market, usage of CDx will expand to determine patient eligibility and ensure cost effective prescribing. While many physicians use multiple tests, a number do not yet fully utilize them and the limited availability of CDx in, for example, melanoma, means there is considerable opportunity for developers.
Pharma and CDx developers now have a unique opportunity to learn from the views of 200 physicians based in the US and EU3. In Companion Diagnostics in Oncology (Physician Survey), you can understand which CDx physicians employ for key brands, the drivers influencing their clinical decisions, and the challenges limiting wider adoption of CDx.
This cutting-edge survey report is rich in tables, charts and analysis and provides clear, actionable intelligence to inform pharma and CDx developers’ product development and commercial and communications strategies.
Oncologists answer key questions:
- In what oncology areas is there most need for new CDx?
- FISH, IHC, PCR, NGS: which CDx platforms are most used and how does this vary between cancer types?
- In which cancers and for which products are CDx underutilized?
- Why should CDx developers employ KOLs in their physician communications programs?
- Where do physicians get their information about CDx and which sources are considered most reliable?
- How do physicians see NGS, multiplex assays and liquid biopsies impacting their work in the next 12 months?
- Accuracy of test? Cost/reimbursement? Drug justification? Turnaround time? What’s most important to physicians when selecting a CDx?
Which CDx are physicians using?
Commonly used CDx tests covered in the survey include:
- Cobas EGFR Mutation Test v2
- Cobas KRAS Mutation Test
- FoundationOne CDx
- KIT D816V Assay
- PharmDx HER2 FISH Kit
- PharmDx PD-L1 IHC 22C3
- PharmDx PD-L1 IHC 28-8
- Ventana ALK (D5F3)
Brands by cancer type covered in the report
- Glivec (Gleevec)
- Glivec (Gleevec)
- Venclexta (Venclyxto)
- Gilotrif (Giotrif)
About the specialist oncologists who responded
100 US and 100 EU3 (UK, Germany and France) oncology physicians participated in the survey, reflecting the views of current CDx users. All the respondents…
- Are medical oncologists, hemato-oncologists or hematologists with at least 5 years in practice and who spend at least half their time treating patients
- Are in an active prescribing role for cancer treatments requiring CDx in tumor types where CDx are employed (breast/ovarian, CRC/gastric, hematological, NSCLC and melanoma)
- Have some basic information about or are very familiar with the term “companion diagnostic”
Why Choose FirstView Reports?
FirstView’s highly-valuable survey reports unlock critical physician insights, and:
- Provide a unique physician perspective on key clinical issues of importance to pharma
- Are based on extensive, comprehensive and structured primary research to reflect the widest range of opinion
- Reflect only the views of physicians who pass strict screening criteria and are qualified to speak to the subject
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalized and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.