Prescription barriers boost market share for 6 of the 10 brands we surveyed. Is yours losing out?
In the highly competitive multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment market, prescription barriers helped 6 of the 10 brands we surveyed eke out narrow market share gains while the other 4 lost out. Which barriers had the biggest impact? Are they the ones that caused the least prescribed brand to lose two or more times as much market share as any other?
Find out in Market Access Impact: MS. Request sample pages
The report covers 10 major MS drugs from Bayer, Biogen, Genzyme, Merck Group, Novartis, and Teva. You’ll learn which barriers cost your brand the most share, and see which competitors you’re losing share to and taking it from—insight you can use to improve your market access strategy.
Not your market? Click here to see the US report
- Most surveyed brands are widely prescribed: More than three quarters of the neurologists surveyed prescribe eight of the ten brands covered, and nearly all of them prescribe the top two brands.
- Highly competitive market: Even brands that see sizeable barrier-related share gains see significant losses as well. Nevertheless, six brands did manage modest net gains.
- Patient-related barriers have the greatest impact: Barriers related to patient preferences and restrictions affect more prescriptions than all other barriers combined.
- Excellent brand awareness and perception: Nearly all doctors surveyed are aware of the brands covered, and most of them are willing to consider brands they don’t currently prescribe.
- Clear market loser: More doctors experience barriers with one brand in particular. Not surprisingly, that brand is least prescribed.
Insight into 10 Major MS Drugs
- Aubagio (teriflunomide; Genzyme)
- Avonex (interferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Betaferon (interferon beta-1b; Bayer)
- Copaxone (glatiramer acetate; Teva)
- Gilenya (fingolimod; Novartis)
- Lemtrada (alemtuzumab; Genzyme)
- Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Rebif (interferon beta-1a; Merck Group)
- Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate; Biogen)
- Tysabri (natalizumab; Biogen)
Exploring Market Access Barriers
Market Access Impact: MS explores key issues affecting MS drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 150 neurologists—30 from each EU5 country (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with MS in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between July 7th and 13th, 2016.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.