How are market barriers impacting the host of European T2DM brands?
It’s a fact of life that non-clinical constraints such as cost, availability and administration are influencing prescribing trends for Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) drugs. If you’re looking for fresh insight and inspiration to boost your market access strategy and market share, this report is the ideal solution.
Market Access Impact: T2DM (EU5) pinpoints the specific barriers affecting 12 named drugs from the leading manufacturers including Novo Nordisk, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim and Novartis.Request sample pages
Find out now exactly what is driving doctors’ prescribing activity, both for your drugs and your competitors.
- Three brands dominate: Which drugs are most doctors prescribing and why? And of the rest, which are also considered and which are rejected?
- Physicians hands are tied: In 2/3rds of cases, doctors are unable to prescribe their first choice. What are the specific barriers in place and which drugs are impacted?
- Good news for some but not all: Market barriers helping some drugs to gain share at the expense of other brands – but most are losing out. How is yours doing?
- Closely fought positions: Competition is fierce but which three brands are either currently used or actively considered by nearly all the physicians surveyed?
- One to watch: Only one drug is gaining share from every other brand in the survey. What is their market barrier secret weapon?
- Turning negatives to positives: Physicians said they would not consider using some brands. Which drugs are affected and what is prompting this negative response?
Insight into 12 Major T2DM Drugs
- Januvia (sitagliptin; Merck & Co)
- Trajenta (linagliptin; Eli Lilly/Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Galvus (vildagliptin; Novartis)
- Invokana (canagliflozin; Johnson & Johnson)
- Jardiance (empagliflozin: Eli Lilly/Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Forxiga (dapagliflozin; AstraZeneca)
- Victoza (liraglutide; Novo Nordisk)
- Trulicity (dulaglutide; Eli Lilly)
- Toujeo (insulin glargine; Sanofi)
- NovoRapid (insulin aspart; Novo Nordisk)
- Tresiba (insulin degludec; Novo Nordisk)
- Xultophy (insulin degludec/liraglutide; Novo Nordisk)
Exploring Important Market Access Issues
Market Access Impact: T2DM explores key issues affecting drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:
How barriers affect market access:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
How barriers affect your brand:
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed surveyed 150 diabetologists and primary care physicians in the EU5 (30 from each country: France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK)—chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
All respondents have:
- Been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with multiple myeloma in total in the last month
We conducted the survey between September 5th and 8th, 2016.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.