How well does your asthma/COPD medical affairs team performance compare with the rest?
According to this latest survey of 150 pulmonologists and primary care physicians across the EU5 (UK, France, Germany, Italy and Spain) the performance of asthma/COPD medical affairs teams still has a way to go in some key areas. Find out what physicians think is done well; what they want to see more of; and why some are dissatisfied.
Use Medical Affairs Reputations: Asthma/COPD 2017 (EU5) to discover how your team can better meet the high expectations of physicians at the frontline.
This report compares the current activities of medical affairs teams for the 12 leading treatments for asthma/COPD from AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, GSK, and Novartis. It shows:
- How physicians rate each team overall, and for 12 key medical affairs services.
- What is most important to physicians, plus what can be done better.
- How, and how often physicians want to meet with your team.
It’s time to find out exactly how well your medical affairs team is performing against fierce competition – and establish an action plan to gain competitive advantage.
Interested in the US market? Click here to see the US Edition.
- Tightly bunched at the top. Five teams have leapt ahead with 78-80% of physicians recalling an interaction within the last 6 months. Where does your team sit? At the top or toward the bottom?
- Building confidence. How much do European physicians rely on medical affairs to answer questions about off-label usage? What are they spending more time talking about to medical affairs professionals than ever before?
- Fierce competition. One team has leapt to the top of the satisfaction tables for almost every medical affairs attribute. Which team is it, and what can other teams do to catch up?
- Are doctors embracing digital? Or do physicians prefer face-to-face meetings in their office or at medical conferences? And what’s the optimal frequency of these meetings?
- Good news for all. Physicians praised every drug for at least 3 areas of support provided by medical affairs.
- Information is king. 35% of respondents want to know more from their medical affairs teams. What specifically are they asking for?
Insight into Medical affairs teams for these asthma/COPD treatments
- Anoro (umeclidinium/vilanterol; GSK)
- Daxas (roflumilast; AstraZeneca)
- Eklira (aclidinium; AstraZeneca)
- Nucala (mepolizumab; GSK)
- Onbrez (indacaterol; Novartis)
- Relvar Ellipta (vilanterol/fluticasone furoate; GSK)
- Seebri (glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Seretide (fluticasone/salmeterol; GSK)
- Spiriva (tiotropium; Boehringer Ingelheim)
- Symbicort (budesonide/formoterol; AstraZeneca)
- Ultibro (indacaterol/glycopyrronium; Novartis)
- Xolair (omalizumab; Roche/Novartis)
A Competitive View of Your Medical Affairs Team
Developed with the help of medical affairs specialists, this report gives you an in-depth comparison of medical affairs teams for 12 leading asthma/COPD brands—answering important questions like:
What do physicians need?
- How, and how often are they using your medical affairs team?
- What services do they consider most important?
- How often should you contact them? What channels are best?
Does your medical affairs team deliver?
- How memorable are your team’s interactions with physicians?
- How do physicians rank your team for performance and satisfaction in 12 key areas?
- How does your team compare to the competition—in each area, and overall?
What needs improvement?
- Are you delivering the services that are most important to physicians?
- Where do you need to improve?
- How can your team enhance its services?
Based on Interviews with Practising Physicians
We surveyed 150 pulmonologists and primary care physicians from the EU5 (France, Italy, Germany, Spain, UK) chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
- Have been practising for between 3 and 35 years
- See at least 5 patients for asthma/COPD in a typical month
- Devote at least 50% of their time to direct patient care
- Have interacted with at least one listed product’s medical affairs team in the past 6 months.
We conducted the survey between September 1-14, 2017.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.