How well does your Asthma/COPD medical affairs team compare with your rivals in Europe?
Which brand's medical affairs team is perceived to be the best and which is the worst? Who scored almost 5 times better on the quality of overall interactions than the worst performers?
Find out how well you rank and where physicians are still looking for improvements, in your team and more widely. Get the report now.
Don't forget, if you also buy the US version you'll get a free comparison report, saving you time understanding and analysing the differences uncovered between these crucial markets.
Packed with physician insight into seven of the leading asthma/COPD brands:
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Forest Laboratories
- Genentech / Novartis
Anoro Ellipta (Umeclidinium and vilanterol inhalation powder)
- Best in areas that matter most: All teams' overall performance is better in the categories ranked of highest importance to physicians
- Inconsistent performance: 2 products rank highly for performance and satisfaction, but one of them slips to 7th place for ranking on overall interaction quality.
- Physicians think there's more room for improvement: In the areas of high importance EU5 teams fail to perform as well as the US equivalents.
- Reputations vary considerably: Top team scores double the points of lowest teams
- Only 1 product has a fully positive profile in competitive evaluation: Detailed comparisons highlight one brand with results above neutral for all categories.
- Physicians satisfied with important medical affairs services overall: 2 brands lead the way in most categories.
Key issues explored
- How the reputations of the medical affairs teams specialising in Asthma/COPD are evaluated
- How medical affairs teams are being used by physicians and where they are seeking support
- How often physicians want contact with medical affairs teams
- What services from medical affairs teams are considered the most and least important
- Analysis of performance and where improvement is still needed in a range of key categories, overall and on a drug-by-drug basis
- A mix total of 150 pulmonologists (80) and general practitioners (70) from across 5 key European markets participated in this study (full details of split in report)
- Data was collected via a 15-minute internet-based questionnaire
Participants screened to ensure they:
- See at least 50 patients for asthma or COPD in a typical month
- Have been in active practice between 3-35 years
- Devote at least 50% of their time to direct patient care
- Have had an interaction with a medical affairs professional in the past 6 months for at least 1 of the listed products
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.