Does your medical affairs team need a wakeup call? Our survey results say yes.
In the rheumatoid arthritis (RA) market, not even the leading medical affairs teams are doing a great job of delivering the services doctors really need. Our survey of 100 rheumatologists shows it’s time for a wakeup call. What can your team do to improve its lacklustre performance and satisfaction scores?
Find out in Medical Affairs Reputations: Rheumatoid Arthritis (US).
Comparing 8 major RA treatments from AbbVie, Amgen, Biogen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Janssen Biotech, Roche, and UCB, this report reveals:
- How rheumatologists rate your team overall, and on 12 key medical affairs services.
- Which medical affairs services are most important.
- How, and how often rheumatologists want to meet with your team.
- What you can do to improve your medical affairs services.
That’s actionable information you can use to turn your team into one that doctors rely on.
Interested in the European market? Click here to see the EU5 Edition.
- Quiet market: Only the top two teams interacted with more than 75% of surveyed doctors in the past 6 months and the least active team saw fewer than half of them.
- Competition in the middle of the pack: While the top two teams have big leads over their closest rivals, overall quality of interactions scores are closer for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th place teams.
- Need for actionable information: Answers related to current use of medical affairs teams and the importance of various medical affairs services suggest that doctors need information they can use to make better treatment decisions.
- Failure to deliver: Despite a need for information, teams seem to be falling short of expectations. Nearly half of the surveyed doctors identified areas where teams can improve information provision.
- Doctors are not impressed: Performance and satisfaction scores, while not negative, are decidedly neutral. Not even the top-ranked teams score highly for individual services.
- Face-to-face interactions preferred: Doctors rate in-person communication methods highest. Which specific methods do they prefer?
Insight into Medical Affairs Teams for These Rheumatoid Arthritis Treatments
- Actemra (tocilizumab; Roche)
- Cimzia (certolizumab pegol; UCB)
- Enbrel (etanercept; Amgen)
- Humira (adalimumab; AbbVie)
- Orencia (abatacept; Bristol-Myers Squibb)
- Remicade (infliximab; Janssen Biotech)
- Rituxan (rituximab; Roche/Biogen)
- Simponi (golimumab; Janssen Biotech)
An Expert-designed Competitive View of Your Medical Affairs Team
Developed with the help of Medical Affairs specialists, this report gives you an in-depth comparison of 8 Medical Affairs teams—answering important questions like:
What do doctors need?
- How, and how often are they using your Medical Affairs team?
- What services do they consider most important?
- How often should you contact them? What channels are best?
Does your Medical Affairs team deliver?
- How memorable are your team’s interactions with doctors?
- How do doctors rank your team for performance and satisfaction in 12 key areas?
- How does your team compare to the competition—in each area, and overall?
What needs improvement?
- Are you delivering the services that are most important to doctors?
- Where do you need to improve?
- How can your team enhance its services?
Based on Interviews with Practicing Doctors
We surveyed 100 US rheumatologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.
- Have been practicing for between 3 and 35 years
- See at least 5 patients with growth hormone deficiency in a typical month
- Devote at least 50 percent of their time to direct patient care
- Have interacted with at least one listed product’s Medical Affairs team in the past 6 months.
We conducted the survey between September 1st and 8th, 2016.
Money Back Guarantee!
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
- FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
- FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
Learn more at www.firstwordgroup.com.
All business: US doctors rely on medical affairs teams for practical assistance with clinical issues, and identified clinical support functions as the most important medical affairs services. What kind of support do they need most?